"The Ella Fitzgerald Song Books" είμαι μια σειρά από 8 studio albums της σπουδαιότερης τραγουδίστριας της jazz μουσικής Ella Fitzerald. Κυκλοφόρησαν από την Verve το χρονικό διάστημα μεταξύ του 1956 και του 1964 και αποτελεί ένα πολύ σημαντικό μέροςτου λεγόμενου Great American Songbook
Η Ella Fitzerald ερμηνεύει μοναδικά, τραγούδια των μεγαλύτερων αμερικανών συνθετών και στιχουργών όχι μόνο της jazz μουσικής πλαισιωμένη από μεγάλες ορχήστρες που αποτελούνται απο εξαιρετικούς μουσικούς.
Χαρακτηριστική είναι η δήλωση του διάσημου στιχουργού Ira Gershwin για την Ella «Δεν ξέραμε πόσο καλά τραγούδια είχαμε γράψει μέχρι ν΄ακούσουμε την Ella Fitzerald να τα ερμηνεύει...»
Πίσω απο αυτή την πολύ σπουδαία μουσική σειρά βρίσκεται ο Norman Granz, ιδρυτής της δισκογραφικής Verve και παραγωγός της Ella Fitzgerald, που έπαιξε σημαντικό ρόλο στην καριέρα της ερμηνεύτριας.
Η σειρά επανακυκλοφόρησε το 1994 με τον τίτλο "The Complete Ella Fitzgerald Song Books" από την Verve
The Ella Fitzgerald Song Books (1956-1964)
Label: Verve MG V 4001-2
Composer/Lyricist: Cole Porter
Arranged by Buddy Bregman
Producer: Norman Granz

Side 1
1. All Through the Night
2. Anything Goes
3. Miss Otis Regrets
4. Too Darn Hot
5. In the Still of the Night
6. I Get a Kick Out of You
7. Do I Love You?
8. Always True to You in My Fashion
Side 2
1. Let's Do It, Let's Fall in Love
2. Just One of Those Things
3. Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye
4. All of You
5. Begin the Beguine
6. Get Out of Town
7. I Am in Love
8. From This Moment On
Side 3
1. I Love Paris
2. You Do Something to Me
3. Ridin' High
4. You'd Be So Easy to Love
5. It's All Right with Me
6. Why Can't You Behave?
7. What Is This Thing Called Love?
8. You're the Top
Side 4
1. Love for Sale
2. It's De-Lovely
3. Night and Day
4. Ace in the Hole
5. So in Love
6. I've Got You Under My Skin
7. I Concentrate on You
8. Don't Fence Me In
Co-lyricist: Robert Fletcher
1956: Ella Fitzgerald Sings the Rodgers & Hart Song Book
Label: Verve MG V-4002-2
Composer/Lyricist: Richard Rodgers/Lorenz Hart
Producer: Norman Granz

Side 1
1. All Through the Night
2. Anything Goes
3. Miss Otis Regrets
4. Too Darn Hot
5. In the Still of the Night
6. I Get a Kick Out of You
7. Do I Love You?
8. Always True to You in My Fashion
Side 2
1. Let's Do It, Let's Fall in Love
2. Just One of Those Things
3. Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye
4. All of You
5. Begin the Beguine
6. Get Out of Town
7. I Am in Love
8. From This Moment On
Side 3
1. I Love Paris
2. You Do Something to Me
3. Ridin' High
4. You'd Be So Easy to Love
5. It's All Right with Me
6. Why Can't You Behave?
7. What Is This Thing Called Love?
8. You're the Top
Side 4
1. Love for Sale
2. It's De-Lovely
3. Night and Day
4. Ace in the Hole
5. So in Love
6. I've Got You Under My Skin
7. I Concentrate on You
8. Don't Fence Me In
Co-lyricist: Robert Fletcher
1956: Ella Fitzgerald Sings the Rodgers & Hart Song Book
Label: Verve MG V-4002-2
Composer/Lyricist: Richard Rodgers/Lorenz Hart
Arranged by Buddy Bregman
Producer: Norman Granz

Side 1
1. Have You Met Miss Jones?
2. You Took Advantage of Me
3. A Ship Without a Sail
4. To Keep My Love Alive
5. Dancing on the Ceiling
6. The Lady Is a Tramp
7. With a Song in My Heart
8. Manhattan
Side 2
1. Johnny One Note
2. I Wish I Were in Love Again
3. Spring Is Here
4. It Never Entered My Mind
5. This Can't Be Love
6. Thou Swell
7. My Romance
8. Where or When
9. Little Girl Blue
Side 3
1. Give It Back to the Indians
2. Ten Cents a Dance
3. There's a Small Hotel
4. I Didn't Know What Time It Was
5. Ev'rything I've Got
6. I Could Write a Book
7. The Blue Room
8. My Funny Valentine
Side 4
1. Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered
2. Mountain Greenery
3. Wait Till You See Him
4. Love
5. Isn't It Romantic?
6. Here in My Arms
7. Blue Moon
8. My Heart Stood Still
9. I've Got Five Dollars
1957: Ella Fitzgerald Sings the Duke Ellington Song Book
Producer: Norman Granz

Side 1
1. Have You Met Miss Jones?
2. You Took Advantage of Me
3. A Ship Without a Sail
4. To Keep My Love Alive
5. Dancing on the Ceiling
6. The Lady Is a Tramp
7. With a Song in My Heart
8. Manhattan
Side 2
1. Johnny One Note
2. I Wish I Were in Love Again
3. Spring Is Here
4. It Never Entered My Mind
5. This Can't Be Love
6. Thou Swell
7. My Romance
8. Where or When
9. Little Girl Blue
Side 3
1. Give It Back to the Indians
2. Ten Cents a Dance
3. There's a Small Hotel
4. I Didn't Know What Time It Was
5. Ev'rything I've Got
6. I Could Write a Book
7. The Blue Room
8. My Funny Valentine
Side 4
1. Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered
2. Mountain Greenery
3. Wait Till You See Him
4. Love
5. Isn't It Romantic?
6. Here in My Arms
7. Blue Moon
8. My Heart Stood Still
9. I've Got Five Dollars
1957: Ella Fitzgerald Sings the Duke Ellington Song Book
Label: Verve MGV 4010-4
Composer: Duke Ellington
Arranged by Duke Ellington & Billy Strayhorn
Producer: Norman Granz
Side 1
1. Rockin' In Rhythm
Composer/Lyricist: Duke Ellington, Harry Carney/Irving Mills
2. Drop Me Off In Harlem
Lyricist: Nick Kenny
3. Day Dream
Composer/Lyricist: Billy Strayhorn/John Latouche
4. Caravan
Composer/Lyricist: Juan Tizol, Duke Ellington/Irving Mills
5. Take The A Train
Composer/Lyricist: Billy Strayhorn/Lee Gaines (1942), Joya Sherrill (1944)
Side 2
1. I Ain't Got Nothing But The Blues
Lyricist: Don Georg
2. Clementine
Composer/Lyricist: Billy Strayhorn
3. I Didn't Know About You
Lyricist: Bob Russell
4. I'm Beginning To See The Light
Composer/Lyricist: Duke Ellington, Johnny Hodges, Harry James/Don George
5. Lost In Meditation
Composer/Lyricist: Duke Ellington, Juan Tizol, Louis C. Singer/Irving Mills
6. Perdido
Composer/Lyricist: Juan Tizol/Ervin Drake, Hans Lengsfelder
Side 3
1. Cottontail
Lyricist: Duke Ellington
2. Do Nothing Till You Hear From Me
Lyricist: Bob Russell
3. Just A Sittin' And A Rockin'
Composer/Lyricist: Billy Strayhorn, Duke Ellington/Lee Gaines
4. Solitude
Composer/Lyricist: Duke Ellington/Eddie DeLange, Irving Mills
5. Rocks In My Bed
Lyricist: Duke Ellington
Side 4
1. Satin Doll
Composer/Lyricist: Duke Ellington, Billy Strayhorn/Johnny Mercer
2. Sophisticated Lady
Lyricist: Mitchell Parish
3. Just Squeeze Me (But Don't Tease Me)
Lyricist: Lee Gaines
4. It Don't Mean A Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing)
Lyricist: Bubber Miley, Irving Mills
5. Azure
Lyricist: Irving Mills
Side 5
1. I Let A Song Go Out Of My Heart
Lyricist: Irving Mills, Henry Nemo, John Redmond
2. In A Sentimental Mood
Lyricist: Manny Kurtz; Irving Mills
3. Don't Get Around Much Anymore
Lyricist: Bob Russell
4. Prelude To A Kiss
Lyricist: Irving Gordon, Irving Mills
Side 6
1. Mood Indigo
Composer/Lyricist: Duke Ellington, Barney Bigard/Irving Mills
2. In A Mellow Tone
Lyricist: Milt Gabler
3. Love You Madly
Lyricist: Duke Ellington
4. Lush Life
Composer/Lyricist: Billy Strayhorn
5. Squatty Roo
Composer/Lyricist: Johnny Hodges
Side 7
1. I'm Just A Lucky So And So
Lyricist: Mack David
2. All Too Soon
Lyricist: Carl Sigman
3. Everything But You
Lyricist: Don George
4. I Got It Bad And That Ain't Good
Lyricist: Mack David
5. Bli-Blip
Lyricist: Sid Kuller
6. Chelsea Bridge
Composer/Lyricist: Billy Strayhorn
Side 8
1. Portrait Of Ella Fitzgerald
Composer/Lyricist: Billy Strayhorn
2. The E And D Blues (E For Ella D For Duke)
Composer/Lyricist: Billy Strayhorn
1958: Ella Fitzgerald Sings the Irving Berlin Song Book
Verve MGV 4019-2
Composer/Lyricist: Irving Berlin
Arranged by Paul Weston
Producer: Norman Granz
Side 1
1. Let's Face the Music and Dance
2. You're Laughing at Me
3. Let Yourself Go
4. You Can Have Him
5. Russian Lullaby
6. Puttin' On the Ritz
7. Get Thee Behind Me Satan
8. Alexander's Ragtime Band
Side 2
1. Top Hat, White Tie and Tails
2. How About Me?
3. Cheek to Cheek
4. I Used to Be Color Blind
5. Lazy
6. How Deep Is the Ocean?
8. Remember
Side 3
1. Supper Time
2. How's Chances?
3. Heat Wave
4. Isn't This a Lovely Day?
5. You Keep Coming Back Like a Song
6. Reaching for the Moon
7. Slumming on Park Avenue
Side 4
1. The Song Is Ended (but the Melody Lingers On)
Lyricist: Beda Loehner
2. I'm Putting All My Eggs in One Basket
3. Now it Can Be Told
4. Always
5. It's a Lovely Day Today
6. Change Partners
7. No Strings (I'm Fancy Free)
8. I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm
1959: Ella Fitzgerald Sings the George and Ira Gershwin Song Book
Label: Verve MG V 4029-5
Composer/Lyricist: George Gershwin/Ira Gershwin
Arranged by Nelson Riddle
Producer: Norman Granz
Ella Fitzgerald Sings The George And Ira Gershwin Song Book Vol. 1
Side1
1. Sam And Delilah
2. But Not For Me
3. My One And Only
4. Let's Call The Whole Thing Off
5. Beginner's Luck
Side 2
1. Oh, Lady Be Good!
2. Nice Work If You Can Get It
3. Things Are Looking Up
4. Just Another Rhumba
5. How Long Has This Been Going On?
Ella Fitzgerald Sings The George And Ira Gershwin Song Book Vol. 2
Side 3
1. 'S Wonderful
2. The Man I Love
3. That Certain Feeling
4. By Strauss
5. Someone To Watch Over Me
6. The Real American Folk Song
Side 4
1. Who Cares?
2. Looking For A Boy
3. They All Laughed
4. My Cousin In Milwaukee
5. Somebody From Somewhere
Ella Fitzgerald Sings The George And Ira Gershwin Song Book Vol. 3
Side 5
1. A Foggy Day
2. Clap Yo' Hands
3. For You, For Me, For Everymore
4. Stiff Upper Lip
5. Boy Wanted
6. Strike Up The Band
Side 6
1. Soon
2. I've Got A Crush On You
3. Bidin' My Time
4. Aren't You Kind Of Glad We Did?
5. Of Thee I Sing (Baby)
Ella Fitzgerald Sings The George And Ira Gershwin Song Book Vol. 4
Side 7
1. The Half Of It, Dearie, Blues
2. I Was Doing All Right
3. He Loves And She Loves
4. Love Is Sweeping The Country
5. Treat Me Rough
Side 8
1. Love Is Here To Stay
2. Slap That Bass
3. Isn't It A Pity?
4. Shall We Dance?
5. Love Walked In
6. You've Got What Gets Me
Ella Fitzgerald Sings The George And Ira Gershwin Song Book Vol. 5
Side 9
1. They Can't Take That Away From Me
2. Embraceable You
3. I Can't Be Bothered Now
4. Boy! What Love Has Done To Me!
5. Fascinating Rhythm
Side 10
1. Funny Face
2. Lorelei
3. Oh, So Nice
4. Let's Kiss And Make Up
5. I Got Rhythm
Instrumental Selections From Ella Fitzgerald Sings The George & Ira Gershwin Song Book
Ambulatory Suite
1. Promenade (Walking The Dog)
2. March Of The Swiss Soldiers
3. Fidgety Feet
The Preludes
1. Prelude I
2. Prelude II
3. Prelude III
1961: Ella Fitzgerald Sings the Harold Arlen Song Book
Label: Verve MG V 4046-2Composer: Harold Arlen
Arranged by Billy May
Producer: Norman Granz
Side 1
1. Blues in the Night
Lyricist: Johnny Mercer
2. Let's Fall in Love
Lyricist: Ted Koehler
3. Stormy Weather
Lyricist: Ted Koehler
4. Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea
Lyricist: Ted Koehler
5. My Shining Hour
Lyricist: Johnny Mercer
6. Hooray for Love
Lyricist: Leo Robin
Side 2
1. This Time the Dream's on Me
Lyricist: Johnny Mercer
2. That Old Black Magic
Lyricist: Johnny Mercer
3. I've Got the World on a String
Lyricist: Ted Koehler
4. Let's Take a Walk Around the Block
Lyricist: Ira Gershwin, E.Y. Harburg
5. Ill Wind
Lyricist: Ted Koehler
6. Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive
Lyricist: Johnny Mercer
Side 3
1. When the Sun Comes Out
Lyricist: Ted Koehler
2. Come Rain or Come Shine
Lyricist: Johnny Mercer
3. As Long as I Live
Lyricist: Ted Koehler
4. Happiness Is a Thing Called Joe
Lyricist: E.Y. Harburg
5. It's Only a Paper Moon
Lyricist: E.Y. Harburg, Billy Rose
6. The Man That Got Away
Lyricist: Ira Gershwin
Side 4
1. One for My Baby (and One More for the Road)
Lyricist: Johnny Mercer
2. It Was Written in the Stars
Lyricist: Leo Robin
3. Get Happy
Lyricist: Ted Koehler
4. I Gotta Right to Sing the Blues
Lyricist: Ted Koehler
5. Out of This World
Lyricist: Johnny Mercer
6. Over the Rainbow
Lyricist: E.Y. Harburg
1963: Ella Fitzgerald Sings the Jerome Kern Song Book
Verve V6-4060
Composer: Jerome Kern
Arranged by Nelson Riddle
Producer: Norman Granz
Side 1
1. Let's Begin
Lyricist: Otto Harbach
2. A Fine Romance
Lyricist: Dorothy Fields
3. All the Things You Are
Lyricist: Oscar Hammerstein II
4. I'll Be Hard to Handle
Lyricist: Bernard Dougall) – 3:47
5. You Couldn't Be Cuter
Lyricist: Dorothy Fields
6. She Didn't Say Yes
Lyricist: Otto Harbach
Side 2
1. I'm Old Fashioned
Lyricist: Johnny Mercer) – 3:27
2. Remind Me
Lyricist: Dorothy Fields
3. The Way You Look Tonight
Lyricist: Dorothy Fields
4. Yesterdays
Lyricist: Otto Harbach
5. Can't Help Lovin' Dat Man
Lyricist: Oscar Hammerstein II
6. Why Was I Born?
Lyricist: Oscar Hammerstein II
1964: Ella Fitzgerald Sings the Johnny Mercer Song Book
Label: Verve V 4067
Lyricist: Johnny Mercer
Arranged by Nelson Riddle
Producer: Norman Granz
Side 1
1. Too Marvelous for Words
Composer: Richard A. Whiting
2. Early Autumn
Composer: Ralph Burns
3. Day In, Day Out
Composer: Rube Bloom
4. Laura" (from the film Laura)
Composer: David Raksin
5. This Time the Dream's on Me
Composer: Harold Arlen
6. Skylark
Composer: Hoagy Carmichael
7. Single-O
Composer: Donald Kahn, Johnny Mercer
Side 2
1. Something's Gotta Give
Composer: Johnny Mercer
2. Trav'lin' Light
Composer: Jimmy Mundy, Trummy Young
3. Midnight Sun
Composer: Francis J. Burke, Lionel Hampton
4. Dream
Composer: Johnny Mercer
5. I Remember You
Composer: Victor Schertzinger
6. When a Woman Loves a Man
Composer: Bernie Hanighen, Gordon Jenkins







Σχόλια
Δημοσίευση σχολίου